© 2017 Hoberg's Historical Association .  All Rights Reserved.

CONTACT US

Phone: 866-633-4489

 

Volunteer work – Option 1

Employment Information – Option 2

General Inquiries – Option 3

E-mail: Info@Hobergs.org

Mailing: P.O. Box 1714 Middletown, California 95461

TURN OF THE CENTURY

Hoberg's For A New Generation

2008 brought the end to the spiritual retreat when the Maharishi passed away that year on February 5th. Without the spiritual leader present to provide teachings to the followers of their practice, the resort became an empty shell of what it once was. The Maharishi’s surviving family reluctantly decided that the property should be put on the market so that it may be purchased and cared for by the next person who had an eye for the beauty of the place and a heart for it’s history.

 

In 2014, New ownership bought the resort with the goal of returning the destination to it’s former state of glory. Many of the buildings were in a state of disrepair and had become well-aged. Some of the cabins had been there since the 1940’s. The task at hand was no walk in the park.

 

Still, the impassioned new management got the project underway and Hoberg’s began to show color and life again. No doubt, the combined experience of a development professional, a successful large-concert/event planner and a lover of nature proved to be the right mix to envision and deliver a new Hoberg’s Resort & Spa

The first of the buildings to undergo renovations was the classic cabin at the main entrance of the resort, The Almanor. Because of it’s appearance as a log cabin and it’s location at the very front of the resort, the plan was to revive the cabin as a welcome center for new guests and visitors of the property.

 

The Lobby and reception area played continuous footage and videos about the history of the resort, hosted morning breakfasts for guests, had memorabilia for sale and sold tickets to upcoming events at Hoberg’s.

 

The back office of the cabin served as the office of the resort’s general manager, who could greet new guests and help them learn about the resort’s history.

Following the Almanor, the management team began planning for the future of Hoberg’s entertainment series. It became quickly apparent that the venue would need a place for guests to stay during their visit. Sitting across from the Almanor was an 18 room motel that had spacious layouts and one of the best views of the entrance of the resort. It’s location, once again was ultimately very convenient for access to the Almanor, and to the ball-field where the new outdoor amphitheater was being planned to be established.

The Hobergian Lodge was named so because each of the newly renovated rooms would be named after some of the classic cottages from the old resort. An interior designer was brought in to order modern pieces and decor, while preserving the atmosphere of the historically legendary feel of the place and the natural ambiance of the mountain locale.

At the same time that the first renovated and remodeled accommodations were being completed, Hoberg’s had a new sign constructed for the front of the resort.

 

The sign boards and it’s posts were constructed from reclaimed indigenous trees from the resort property.  Both sides were adorned with stainless steel, custom cut emblems to display the new logo, signifying the return of Hoberg’s for a brand new era. The Fence that lined the road along the front of the property was also constructed from reclaimed trees to match the sign and pay homage to the nature that made the location such an amazing place to see. 

 

Hoberg’s had returned with a new face and the same name that the world had once recognized as a place to relax, have fun, and get away.